Voigtlander Snapshot Skopar?

Bad things? My 25/4 isn't a 21: That's about the worst I can say. It's amazingly sharp, not romantic. It vignettes on 35 (who cares)? It could use a bigger shade than it comes with, but everything else does too. It's f4 instead of 2.8. Love it.

Sus,

I used the Skopar 25mm briefly. I only sold it because I didn't use it very much and more

importantly felt I didn't use it very well! But as regards construction and so forth, I

thought it a lovely little lens.

It may well be that the new versions of the coupled 21mm and 24mm lenses from

Voigtlander are slightly better ergonomically, though. The old 24mm and 21mm have the

little focusing lever attachments; I think the new pancake versions of the 21mm and

24mm have the integrated focusing tab -- which I personally find more comfortable to

use. But these are relatively minor points of personal preference, really. I still think the

great advantage of the Voigt lenses is that they are fantastic value -- so if, like me, you

want to try and get better at wide-angle photography, you can buy decent WA lenses

without spending too much.

regards

alun

I have the 25mm, and it is a very good lens. Build quality is very good, ergonomics very good. I do wish it had cam focussing, but for the price I'm happy with zone focussing. If I had any objection, it would be that it's a tad contrasty. Color saturation is outstanding.

Hi dear friend. Those lenses are both wonderful. The 25 mm f/ 4 allow only the hyperfocal focusing, because don't is coupled with the rangefinder. The 21 mm f/ 4 is coupled with the rangefinder. My brother own the 21 mm f/ 4 and we find this lens very superb, mechanically and optically.

Ciao.