Voigtlander Bessa film rewind (noob)

MattB.Net

<p>Hi, I recently got an old Bessa folder rangefinder in very nice shape. I'm new to MF and rusty with film but managed to get it loaded and operating. Now I've shot my first roll of 120 and I can't see how to rewind the film! <br>

Can someone familiar with this camera (the original folder Bessa rf with one knob) tell me what I need to do to get that film out safely to I can get it developed? Sorry for what must be a noob question. I couldn't find this info in manuals posted online so maybe it's just something every knows. (except me)<br>

Thanks!<br>

Matt</p>

<p>One of the great features of 120 film is that you don't have to rewind it back into the cartridge as you do with 35 mm film--just keep winding on until the paper at the end of the roll has fully wrapped around the film. The sounds and feel will be different when you are finished with this. Unload your camera in subdued lighting and use the tape at the end of the roll to prevent the film from getting loose and fogged, and you're set. Welcome to bigger film!</p>

<blockquote>

<p>So I just re-use the spindle that came with the film for the next roll?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Yes, exactly. Transfer the now empty supply spool to the other side, where it will serve as the takeup spool for the next roll. </p>