Vivitar Series 1 28-70mm f2.8 Lens

coneected

<p>That's not one of the "classic" Series 1's, it's one of the later models from the decline period. I believe it was made by Sigma. I never read anything good about it so I took a pass.</p>

<p>Are you looking for a value lens of that sort? Personally, I'm a fan of the Tamron 28-75 - I got a used one with screwdriver AF for $250 and it's the best value per dollar lens buy I ever made that didn't involve a thrift store.</p>

<p>+ 1 to passing on it if it's the old Sigma rebranded. The Sigma 28-70 f/2.8 from about 7 or 8 years ago was the worst lens I've ever (briefly) owned. Also +1 to looking at the Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 as a far superior alternative, although Tamron has a 24-70 f/2.8 VC lens in the pipeline due to be released shortly.</p>

<p>Thanks for the replies. I have used the Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 on both digital and film cameras and was very impressed with the quality of photos produced. The 6 year warranty that comes with the Tamron is even more impressive. I just came across a Nikon N90s that had only seen approximately 6 rolls of film through it so I was looking for a lens to put on and leave on. The Tamron seems to fit the bill, so thanks again for all the comments.</p>