Vivitar Series 1 24-48 f3.8

photo11

Nah, but you might try the third party equipment forum. I imagine it has a ton of distortion, looks great when enlarged to 4 x 6, noticeable color fringing and flare's easily. Not to mention the zoom creep and loose-as-a-goose mount. Generally speaking, unless the third party lens has a ton of speed, like a Spiraltone 135 f/1.8, or something Canon didn't make like a Tokina AT-X 80-200 f/2.8 SD, what's the point? Again, for the $32 you'd spend you might try and snipe a FD 28 f/2.8.

Disregarding what I said earlier, the Sigma 21-35 f/3.5-4.2 with 77mm filter threads is a hell of a lens.

Yes, I own this lens, unlike the previous poster, who seems to be having a very, very bad night. The lens is well built, performs well, and is one of the original "cult classic" Vivitar Series One lenses. It performs fairly well compared to he following Canon FD lenses which I also own: 20/2.8, 28/2, 35/2.

I have a Soligar 24-45mm f3.5/4.5 CD that while I know it's not the smae lens as what's being saked about I hade reservations about it but bought it for a steal and thought I would just give it a try and the sell it off.

After comparing this little know third party lens to my 28-55mm f3.5-4.5 nFD Canon I sold the Canon as in 6X9 prints mixed up I could not tell which lens had made which photo. NOW had I gone bigger things might have started to show up. BUT I print 90% of what I print at 6X9 and the Soligar had the better range for a wide zoom. It is now my flower garden lens when I have to follow the wife through some flower garden does very good 1-3 macro and the the colors are wonderful.

My suggestion is to buy the Vivitar test drive it and if it ain't what you want drop it on ebay and recoupe your costs.

Michael & Mark: I have all the Vivitar Series 1 lenses from the mid 80's except the one that I had in question, I've yet to give it a test drive, I'll keep you gentlemen informed on how it turns out, if it is anything as good as the other Series 1's that I have and it's on par with the other Canon FD's that I have which I have many, as you say Mark it performed pretty good compared to your other Canon lenses you have: Thank you for your opinion's and professional answers. Regards. Mike.