Visit Chola Monument

<p>Visited the Chola Monument of Rajendra I near Tanjavur. He had built a new city spanning upwards of 5 kms from the River Kollidam [Colleroon]. HisEmpire spanned from the Maldives in the Arabian Sea to Angkor Vat in the East, and from Ceylon to the Himalayas in the North. The Chola [pronounced Chozha] Empire known for its democratic evolution of local government and religious tolerance lasted about 400 years plus. Please check link[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajendra_Chola_I] for some details, if interested.<br>

<br />I used my Exakta VX refurbished at home with a Meyer lydith 30mm and an Eyemik 135mm lens. I used Kodak Color plus 200 film. The film's color range does not match my old HP scanner, nor the Picasa software. So i had to de-saturate most of the pictures.<br>

The Eyemik lens is made for Topcon Super D with automatic levers for the aperture. I don't know the manufacturer. The seller sold it for a throw away price as the springs had lost their elasticity. I could make it work stop down, though. So it suited my Exakta. So here are some samples with both Meyer Lydith and Eyemik lenses.</p><div>00dDMt-556032484.jpg.093934b535e8a352ef2220fe12750522.jpg</div>

<p>My.</p>

<p>I love your walks about town, but for an archaeologist, this is a special treat. And with an Exakta too!</p>

<p>When I started collecting old DDR cameras, I was more into the KW thread, and picked up Exaktas almost as an afterthought. Like German Expressionist painting, you have to learn Exaktas to love them. </p>

<p>Well done, bravo, and all like that.</p>

<p>SP, thanks for the wonderful article. I've recently been reading the work of Graham Hancock and he puts forth the idea that ancient Indian civilization (Indus Valley) is not only much older than what it's been given credit for, but more advanced than what we call modern. Great photographs.</p>

<p>Wonderful, <strong>SP</strong>; what could be better than an Exacta, a Lydith and a series of spectacular monumental structures? I can't recall having seen photographs of the Chola complex before, so your images were an eye-opener. Nice soft colour and tones; incidentally, the Lydith performs exceptionally well on the DSLR's, which probably explains it's spectacular rise in price. Thanks for another great walkabout.</p>

<p>Wow, thanks for that walkaround SP, that looks to be a fascinating place....lucky you!<br>

I too love the Exactas, not so much for the ergonomics, but because they just look so special...really classic.<br>

You have obviously conquered it as the shots look great, and both the lenses perform really well. I have a Lydith as well, but have yet to try it out....you have piqued my interest!</p>