Vision Art Books & any other Album Co. suggestions...

ni_gentry

Anyone have experience with Vision Art Books? Pricing seems okay.

<p>

Their literature says they use "archival inks" and "enhanced/archival matte paper" , which makes me think

these are just inkjet pages that are coated. Are the pages mounted to anything? How do they look/feel?

Are they significantly different than what I could print on my Epson 2400?

<p>

How does the overall quality compare with something like Graphi? I've done a couple Graphi albums but

am looking for other options and a place that's easier to deal with.<p>

Asuka books are nice but don't really suite my taste. Zookbooks are really nice but maybe just a little too

"traditional" for me. Some of the higher end albums like Leather Craftsmen and Queensberry are out of

my (and my typical client's) target price range for right now anyway. Any other companies come to mind?

We've done several Vision Art books and yes - they are ink jet!

Beautiful quality, outstanding customer service and the fastest turnaround of any we've used: typically 7-10 days from electronically sending the files until you have it in your hand.

For a photo-cover album where the client wants a lay-flat page heavier than Asuka...you can't beat them, I think.

• 4 weeks later...
American Color Imaging - 800-728-2722 has a complete line of digital - offset press printed books. Lots of different sizes. Leather, Art cloth, soft cover and photo wrap cover. A softcover 20 page book starts at $23.45 - Lab time is 3 working days - So, if you send your book order in - over the internet - on Monday - by 11:00 a.m. CT - You'll have your book in hand by Friday. 2nd day outgoing UPS is FREE

• 1 year later...

The uncoated matte page is something that does catch the eye of many clients. It something different and that they are not use to seeing. It really does give a book a fine art appeal. It is not something we need to feel is a lesser product. I have had Vision Art books with matte paper for more than 6 years and never had a bride come to me with nothing but love for the paper and finish.

It is a different look but as photographers a different look is what we are looking for many times to set us apart from others and what the client has seen in the past.

Just my experance.

Jim