Virtual Photo Tours for Class

farukhcasy2

Hey everyone! I'm a photography teacher and a project I give out is to visit a local photographer run gallery with monthly changing shows. It's a great little place and really opens the students eyes to the experience that they would normally never choose to go to. I tell my students to choose a few specific pieces to write about, talk about the exhibit as a whole, and then write about the experience of visiting they gallery itself. I encourage them to truly write how they feel, and they usually enjoy seem to enjoy it.

Obviously with the pandemic we're dealing with at the moment I can't send them out and the gallery itself is closed. If you haven't already guessed, my question is, are there any virtual gallery/museum tours that are photography specific that I can send my students to? I know there's a whole list of museums and galleries out there with free virtual tours, but I cannot for the life of me find anything photography specific. It doesn't have to be famous works or artists. Thank you for any leads!

Hi, I don't know what level of students you teach but here are some links. One you might interested in Coursera's free on-line course 'Seeing through Photographs'. It's based on a selection of photo's in the MoMa's collection. Students need to enrol online.

Other collections:

International Center of Photography

CCP

MOCP

Aperture

Photography now

Hope this helps,

Mike

• Like 1

Hey everyone! I'm a photography teacher and a project I give out is to visit a local photographer run gallery with monthly changing shows. It's a great little place and really opens the students eyes to the experience that they would normally never choose to go to. I tell my students to choose a few specific pieces to write about, talk about the exhibit as a whole, and then write about th

192.168.0.1 routerlogin 192.168.l.l

e experience of visiting they gallery itself. I encourage them to truly write how they feel, and they usually enjoy seem to enjoy it.

Obviously with the pandemic we're dealing with at the moment I can't send them out and the gallery itself is closed. If you haven't already guessed, my question is, are there any virtual gallery/museum tours that are photography specific that I can send my students to? I know there's a whole list of museums and galleries out there with free virtual tours, but I cannot for the life of me find anything photography specific. It doesn't have to be famous works or artists. Thank you for any leads!

Great links Mike!

Some very emotional, beautiful and thought-provoking work out there.

Unfortunately, there are also a good many (mainly recent) pictures where more thought and effort seems to have gone into the title than the snapshot.

• Like 1