ViewSonic VP2365-WB

<p>G'day all,</p>

<p>I''m looking at an entry level Monitor for photo editing and have seen the ViewSonic range as another option besides the NEC and Samsung units. Does anybdy have any experience with these LCD Monitors from ViewSonic? They sport IPS screens also - The model I am looking at has these specs ...<br>

Size: 23" <br /> Colour: Black<br /> Max Res: 1920 x 1080<br /> Input: VGA, DVI <br /> Contrast(max): 20,000:1 (DCR) <br /> Contrast(typ): 1,000:1 <br /> Brightness: 300cd/m2<br /> Viewing Angle: 178/178<br /> Response Time: 5ms<br /> Speaker: None <br /> Warranty: 3yrs limited on-site.<br /> 30 day Zero Dead pixel</p>

<p>Additional blurb from a review states...</p>

<p>"The screen has a tough, protective anti-glare coating that will appeal to designers, rather than the glossy, reflective finish that many manufacturers favour these days. The pedestal stand allows you to tilt and swivel the screen freely, and to adjust the height of the ViewSonic VP2365wb as well. You can also pivot the screen around into upright, portrait mode, which will be useful for page-layout and photo-editing work. Another useful feature is the four-port USB hub that’s situated at the back of the unit, right beside the DVI and VGA video connectors.</p>

<p>Despite the ViewSonic VP2365wb monitor’s relatively low cost, Viewsonic has still been able to use a high-quality IPS display that produces a bright, colourful image. The 1,920x1,080 resolution will allow you to play full HD video. The viewing angle is particularly good, with the image remaining bright and clear even at extreme angles, so it will be a good choice for presentations too. We were also pleased to see that Viewsonic was one of the few manufacturers that included a Mac version of its setup software, which can install the monitor’s colour profile and ColorSync files on to your PC."</p>

<p>Any thoughts welcome ... best, Simon.</p>

<p>I own an earlier PVA monitor from them (VP2030 <a href="http://www.google.com/products/catalog?rlz=1T4ADRA_enUS346US346&q=viewsonic+vp2030&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=13261901956882244802&ei=7_U4TMamLoLEsAPvvahR&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CDcQ8wIwAg">http://www.google.com/products/catalog?rlz=1T4ADRA_enUS346US346&q=viewsonic+vp2030&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=13261901956882244802&ei=7_U4TMamLoLEsAPvvahR&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CDcQ8wIwAg</a>#) and I love the stand and the color accuracy is very good, but I would really hesitate to buy another flouresent backlit monitor because the tubes are starting to fluctuate in color after only three years. But the $299 price is hard to beat and for the short term it should work fine.</p>

<p>I noticed that the NEC model that gets frequent mention, though more expensive by about $500, actually has slightly lower resolution that the ViewSonic ... however, I don't know what the life expectancy is like from the NEC by comparison to the ViewSonic. From a review I read elsewhere it stated that the NEC had a better Colour gamut than the ViewSonic but not better resolution. This being the case, if the life expectancy of both units is comparable, then the ViewSonic might be a better option anyway?</p>

<p>Simon.</p>