Viewing software?

<p>Hi all, looking for some guidance on viewing software. <br>

I'll be doing some indoor holiday home shooting in a month or so for a website and ideally I'd like to take a laptop and shoot "tethered", i.e. hard-wired to the laptop via a long USB cable. I've read certain posts on here advising software such as "Nikon Camera Control" and "Bibble". I downloaded the fully functioning trial versions of these and to be honest, you could go and make a cup of tea by the time the image appears on screen (maybe a slight exageration). Also, the images on screen, particularly with NCC is not really suitable; the image does not appear automatically in a single view environment, you have to click on the menu bar to tell it to perform this function. I shoot RAW so I appreciate they're large files.</p>

<p>I'm not too bothered about by-passing the memory card to write to the PC hard drive, all I really want is to see the image straight after I've pressed the shutter in order to check for sharpness, lighting etc.</p>

<p>I don't mind if it's freeware or I have to purchase it, but there must be something simple out there that doesn't have all the bells and whistles....Can anyone help?</p>

<p>Thanks in advance.<br>

Chris</p>

<p>I think one of the absolutely best image viewing programs out there, which also happens to be free and can even read Nikon .NEF (RAW) files is Irfanview. It is a very small program, runs extremely fast and has some very nice features. While you are at their website, I would also suggest loading the "plug-in" pack for the program as that opens up a lot of other viewing capabilities too.<br>

You can find it at <a href="http://www.irfanview.com">www.irfanview.com</a><br>

Just my two cents.<br>

David</p>