View NX unable toshow images fullscreen

ian_rose

<p>Since I upgraded to View NX 1.4.0 Iam now unable to view the images in full screen mode the thumbnails are imported and shown it will also convert to jpg the nef files are from a D40 the computer is running Vista with sp1 <br>

2GB ram<br>

Core 2 duo processor<br>

my question is anyone else haveing haveing any issues with View NX. I have tried uninstalling Reinstalling it made no difference.<br>

Has any one got any idear's</p>

<p>Ian R</p>

<p>Do you mean the slideshow, or the full screen image view? Does the 'image viewer' mode work (split screen thumbnails/image) ?<br>

With the latter I never had any problem (on 2 Vista systems), with the slideshow I've had problems with the transition effects. It turned out to be a problem with Quicktime, and updating quicktime solved the issue (or disabling the transition effects).<br>

Do you get any errormessages or something like that on screen?</p>

<p>If Iam in split screen mode I see the thumbnails but the selrcted large image will just show the EXIF data in the Top left corner but no image if you click on a image the image will flash then go blank with no error messages i have attached a screen shot.</p><div>00UiWT-179537584.jpg.a9c6a8cc850dbbb085e782fe8f319afc.jpg</div>

<p>Wow, so weird.<br>

First thing I'd try is clearing ViewNX's cache. Go to 'Edit', 'Options'. Under 'General', there is a group for cache, with a button 'Clear'. Give that a try.<br>

If that doesn't help, do you have a second machine with View NX to test these same NEFs on? It could theoretically also be the NEFs. If you've got no access to a second machine, another thing to try: in the quick adjustement, change something (exposure, white balance), and apply that. It should cause ViewNX to create a new preview.</p>

<p>Files from DVD can be a problem when trying the edits (since the changes cannot be written back to the file).</p>

<p>In that case, I would do what Arthur suggests; I've had to use Nikon support once for a Nikon ViewNX issue, and was very pleased with the speed of response and the way it was handled (was Nikon UK).</p>

<p>Ian,</p>

<p>I've run View NX 1.40 on my Vista laptop and am currently running it on the same laptop with Windows 7 installed. Have you tried:</p>

<p>Re-downloading 1.4?<br>

Tried it on the same computer, but under another user profile?<br>

You may have a corrupted user profile. I've seen this cause strange things with both XP and Vista.</p>

<p>Good luck - Mark</p>

<p>I had issues with fullscreen viewing in ViewNX on one of my computers running XP, and the problems resolved once I updated the .NET framework. I don't think Vista SP1 comes with .NET framework 3.5 SP1 or 1.1 SP1. I'm not sure if this is causing your problem, but it might be worthwhile to give it a shot.</p>

<p>3.5 SP1 can be found <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=AB99342F-5D1A-413D-8319-81DA479AB0D7&displaylang=en">here</a><br>

1.1 SP1 can be found <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=A8F5654F-088E-40B2-BBDB-A83353618B38&displaylang=en">here</a></p>

<p>If the bootstrapper isn't working, you might consider downloading the update using the "Full Package" link halfway down the webpage.<br>

If installing 1.1 gives you grief, you might refer to <a href="http://kbase.gfi.com/showarticle.asp?id=KBID003100">this webpage</a></p>

• 6 months later...

<p>Hi. I have just experienced the same problem as Ian after installing ViewNX 1.4. The viewer will not load the NEF file - it flashes black and then disappears. I have trawled the net and done everthing in my power to solve this. I have uninstalled, removed all Nikon registry entries and folders then re-installed from my original disk. That didn't work, so I did all the above again and downloaded 1.4 from Nikon's website, still the same problem. I have updated Quick time, and I have .NET framework 3.5 installed. I can't find any other reference to this problem on the net unfortunately.<br>

I'm profoundly disappointed. I've just come back from Asia where I was travelling for 6 months and have over 5000 photos in RAW and now I can't process the photos - ViewNX is the only program I know where you can alter white balance and exposure before converting to JPEGs and I don't want to fork out for CS3 (I run Photoshop 7 and it's fine for my needs). ANY FEEDBACK ON THIS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS.</p>