Video card for NEC 2690 monitor

Just about anything. For the sake of reliability I'd go with an older 7 series if you go nvidia as right now at least one tech publication is saying vast swaths of the 8 and 9 series parts have defects that could potentially cause failures later down the road. From what I can tell the 7600gs or 7300gt both have dual link DVI needed to drive a large display like that. Anything on the list at http://www.nvidia.com/object/extreme_hd_gpu.html should support it. I'm less up-to-date on the ATI products.

It's not the hardware that's the most troublesome, it's the drivers running them.

</p>

<p>

I can't tell you how many times I come across threads like <a href="http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?

showtopic=25185">this</a> concerning profile loading issues and corruption with any brand of video card whether on a build

your own system or off the shelf.

</p>

<p>

Whatever brand just make sure they're up to date with their drivers and currently don't have any issues. Searching the web

should get you more informed in your purchase.

Steven and Tim, thanks for the information. Frans, the NEC website shows a table listing compatibility by product family for several graphics systems makers, not very specific. I emailed NEC Display Solutions support a while back, asking about requirements for profiling the 2690 and for suggestions of suitable graphics cards. Their reply assured me that my Eye One Display 2 would be suitable (with the NEC SpectraView software), but they did not respond to my inquiry about graphics cards. I suppose any graphics card that supports WUXGA resolution (1920x1200) would work. I was hoping for a specific recommendation from someone with first-hand experience with this monitor. Oh, well.