video and lighting equipment for weddings

cordek

<p>I am seeking guidance for video camera and lighting equipment for wedding usage. Been doing stills and now see the obvious. I want to use this equipment as an adjunct to my 5D bodies. I do not want to use my canon bodies for video use. My target audience usually pay $1k + in this very slow Oregon market. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks</p>

<p>Take a look at the Panasonic "prosumer" video cameras that start at about $1,500. They even have an over-the-should model that is 1) much easier to hold steady that something you hold up in front of your face and 2) looks more "professional" to impress the clients. (I know that the size and shape of a camera don't make it professional, but there are lots of studies on "perceived value.") I find video cameras are much eaiser to use for video than DSLRs.<br /><br />As for lighting, a 100-watt, $150 Lowel Pro Light or I-Light with a $100 Bescor battery still gives the most light for the money. LED is very popular now but you will pay more for the same amount of light. And even though video cameras require less light than in the past, a lot of the low-cost LED units just don't put out much, definitely not enough to use for fill light outdoors.<br /><br />Are your customers paying $1,000 for the video alone or for video and stills together? Hard to make a living at that level, especially if it's for the whole package.</p>