Video: an example of how so many people take the same tourist photos again and again

Discussion in 'Casual Photo Conversations' started by Karim Ghantous, Feb 2, 2018.

1. “I love photographing selfie takers.“

The first thing they all learn is the slimming effect of high camera angle...

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  2. Norman 202

Norman 202 i am the light

Blimey, Mark, you must be really overweight :)

3. Why would I want of photograph of you standing in front of the Taj Mahal?

john_sevigny|2 likes this.
  4. LMAO.....All my selfies are old school tripod with a timer on an old Pentax.....Set, release, run to get into the picture.

john_sevigny|2 likes this.
  5. I wasn't being facetious but the entire idea is silly, you're right. Which makes a "more valuable" photograph? The parade or the crowd? And how to you measure value, anyway? Which is the point a number of people have made here. One (wo)man's trash is another (wo)man's treasure. Photography is here to be enjoyed. People will swim at different depths and in different currents.

Re my Niagara Falls selfie-taker pictures, thanks for looking at my work and for the kind words. I do think a creative eye can make even the most overplayed subject into a good photo. I don't think I've quite done that at Niagara but with all sincerity, after about ten minutes looking at the falls I get bored and start looking at people.

Everything you said about maybe assuming that's somehow better than just photographing the falls is dead on.

On a side note, I know someone who got a HUGE grant to photograph people photographing the wonders of the world. He flew to Egypt, France, Asia and everywhere else on somebody else's dime to take pictures of people taking pictures of the Pyramids, the Eiffel Tower and the Great Wall, etc.

I hope to be reborn as a grant-writer. :D