One of my clients asked me to blow up one of the pictures I shot for

them to 1m x 1.5m (I guess that is roughly 39" x 59")... <br>

The shot comes from a Canon 10D (6mp, 1.6x crop factor) and is not

cropped. <br>

<br>Is there any way (read 'software') that allows me to blow up the

shot to those dimensions and still retain enough detail and

sharpness to be 'acceptable'? The minimal viewing distance would be

around 1-2m...

Assuming the native file is a RAW and not a JPEG capture, then you can get quite acceptable results uprezzing directly in PS, and PS CS is even better, if you have it. I have uprezzed D60 files for clients to 40x60 and they looked great. No, they won't stand up to close scrutiny at 6" viewing distances, but they look very good from normal, 2m viewing distances. Just do a search here or on Rob Galbraith for "upscaling" or "uprezzing".

(PS if you want to email me offline, I can do this type of job fairly easily for you. I charge $9/square foot of print which includes minor PS tweaking, adjustments and uprezzing. I can print to 44 inches wide on my Epson 9600, but will only print that size on Epson Luster paper. If you are not wanting to mount the image behind glass, then I suggest having somebody else print it on canvas for you. I can still do the PS work to get the image ready to print if you need help there.)

Cheers,

Jack

Thanks all for the fsat responses! I will then let them know that it is possible (IF they accept to pay the price :-> )<br>

Jack, thanks for the offer, but as I'm in Luxemburg I'm afraid I will have to find somebody else to print it... otherwise shipping costs will be too heavy! I have a pro lab that offered to print it to that size for not too much money though, including custom laminating to some archival board and framing (and it isn't too expensive either)<br>well thanks again!