Vernaschi`s b&w work with current DSLRs and primes from Nikon

Discussion in 'Nikon' started by jose_angel, Sep 15, 2010.

1. I find specially interesting the work of Marco Vernaschi. He is a World Press Photo Award in 2010 (amongst others) with this report: West Africa`s new achilles` heel.
    Maybe this photographer could be interesting for those Nikonistas who (like me) are still "stucked" to b&w film and MF cameras; this work has a somewhat solvent action for me. The article published in the Nikon Pro Magazine mention his bag... two D3, 17-35, 50AFS, 105VR and a SB800. It looks to be the right, minimal choice for this kind of work (personally I`d trade the D3 for D700).
    Just to mention that many of his photos has been taken with the 50AFS, something not so common these days, I guess. (BTW, I bet those who like this lens will want the new 35AFS, too).

2. No question, this is excellent and powerful photography. Technically, though, there's no way to evaluate absolute quality.

3. Beautiful and haunting.

4. Nikon Pro Magazine mention his bag... two D3, 17-35, 50AFS, 105VR and a SB800. It looks to be the right, minimal choice for this kind of work (personally I`d trade the D3 for D700).​
    Every Doc/PJ type carry such a small kit (2 bodies, 3-4 lenses, flash) because it is essential for mobility. Marco is not rare in this regard...