Vernaschi`s b&w work with current DSLRs and primes from Nikon

jose_angel

<p>I find specially interesting the work of Marco Vernaschi. He is a World Press Photo Award in 2010 (amongst others) with this report: <a href="http://marco-vernaschi.photoshelter.com/gallery/WEST-AFRICAS-NEW-ACHILLES-HEEL/G0000xZuOJrujL5c/">West Africa`s new achilles` heel</a>.<br /> Maybe this photographer could be interesting for those Nikonistas who (like me) are still "stucked" to b&w film and MF cameras; this work has a somewhat <em>solvent actio</em>n for me. The article published in the Nikon Pro Magazine mention his bag... two D3, 17-35, 50AFS, 105VR and a SB800. It looks to be the right, minimal choice for this kind of work (personally I`d trade the D3 for D700).<br /> Just to mention that many of his photos has been taken with the 50AFS, something not so common these days, I guess. (BTW, I bet those who like this lens will want the new 35AFS, too).</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Nikon Pro Magazine mention his bag... two D3, 17-35, 50AFS, 105VR and a SB800. It looks to be the right, minimal choice for this kind of work (personally I`d trade the D3 for D700).</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Every Doc/PJ type carry such a small kit (2 bodies, 3-4 lenses, flash) because it is essential for mobility. Marco is not rare in this regard...</p>