Varimagni vs. Current Right Angle Viewfinders

Discussion in 'Olympus' started by brent_bennett, Dec 25, 2009.

1. I have an OM2n and I'm planning on getting a Varimagni. But I am curious about the new Asian-made viewfinders that are being sold on Ebay. Has anyone out there done a comparison of the original with the new copies? I am also planning on modifying another camera to take the devise too, but my main question about the OM is still valid.
    I will appreciate your comments.
    Thanks!

2. I've tried the VariMagni and the Seagull. Both did a great job and were just about indistinguishable in use. The VariMagni also fits nicely on the Pentax *ist DS and K10D (and others with the same eyepiece setup) with no modifications.
    My Olympus VariMagni is now for sale; I no longer need it. If you're interested, send me an email.

3. I have a Varimagni but I haven't used it in a while. From what I remember, the image is reversed laterally. Is it reversed laterally on the other angle finder too? I have one angle finder where the image is unreversed. It's the Konica Angle Magnifinder. I might use it more if I didn't have other SLRs with removable finders.

4. It was reversed in the Seagull I tried, IIRC. The higher end ones (like the Pentax "RefConverter") do the left-right correction with an additional prism. They cost a lot more, however.