V-sign used to indicate you've been vaccinated

Use of the first two fingers (palm outwards) is coming to represent "I've been vaccinated," I am told.

1329544816_V-sign51co.thumb.jpg.25d05dd4c0562e9ea100d8132869d503.jpg

Used palm out, it's victory, vaccinated, or a cub scout salute.....

but if the palm is away from the viewer, the meaning is generally somewhat different

palm in for the 'user', it's something like "up yours", especially if the gesture includes up and down jabbing.

2083988852_V-sign52co.thumb.jpg.8dcfcbf16038c4a22d531e1c3bc1416c.jpg

Here is a brief article on its use by one of its iconic gesturers:

WCSA - On This Day - July 19, 2018 - Winston Churchill is the first to use the two-finger 'V is for Victory' sign in 1941

Edited by JDMvW
  • Like 1

There's even a legend that it dates back to Agincourt.

...as well as a good explaination of why it became significant. Captured english archers had their fingers amputated to prevent them using their longbows. The symbol was a clear I'm still a threat to you.

• Like 1

If one views the recent film of Churchill, with Gary Odem as Churchill, there is the scene of him being informed by his secretary of which way to place one's palm. The Italians have a much simpler version of "this salute". . .just the back of ones hand,,, and wild gesturing !

All of you ageing Hippies should get it right the first time.

I like the idea of using the V Salute for us folk who are 2x vac'd.

Aloha, Bill

Edited by Bill Bowes

OMG! Stop the disinformation. Pure, unadulterated ignorance.

LINK (Sorry, it's not to a Tucker Carlson rant.)

Agreed, pure ignorance. Such disinformation is best described by the late Albert Einstein, made when most people could still think: "...The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits..."

• Like 4

Anyone with two fingers could give the "V" sign, whether or not they were vaccinated. And what is the purpose? Other than to shame the unvaccinated, I fail to see the relevance of advertising your own status, whether by certificate, secret sign or handshake. For that matter I don't agree with the concept of "Vaccination Passports." Freedom to travel should be science-based on epidemiology and risk, not for political expediency. I have vaccination cards for a variety of diseases, some unpronounceable, for travel to certain regions. I've never been asked for them, coming or going.

My secret signal uses only one finger.

• Like 1

And what is the purpose? Other than to shame the unvaccinated

I suppose if one were to use some imagination and even half a brain, one could come up with others as well.

Anyway, JDM asked for ... photos ...

impeach-protest-beware-sign_1796-w.thumb.jpg.eb08fb005b1424e074a65ba6debcad2f.jpg

lily-peace-deyoung-summer-of-love_0398-ww.thumb.jpg.1b4a8a61cf8b47c24a15212453b7586b.jpg

Edited by samstevens

"You talkin' to me?"

I do not use television or talk radio. I simply consult data published by the government in Montana, Using DPHS data, 98.55% of the people who contracted the virus have lived. .002% of the population died of the disease. This next from CDC VAERS report today: "Over 245 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through May 3, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 4,178 reports of death (0.0017%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine." Call it what you will I am not frightened of the disease, and don't see any need to rush vaccination. Others feel different and should consult their physician and research the data for themselves.
  • Like 1

If you’re going to research and report the data, however, best to be clear and accurate. Because right after that stat you quoted about 4,178 deaths of people having received the vaccine, there’s a rather important piece of further information.

“A review of available clinical information, including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records has not established a CAUSAL link to COVID-19 vaccines.”

In other words, it’s perfectly logical that some people who receive the vaccine, die of causes unrelated to the vaccine.

I and others have already called it what we will ... disinformation. And by incompletely quoting the death stats, you are proving us right about calling it just that.

"You talkin' to me?"

And they didn't disprove a causal link.

To my knowledge, no one has disproved the existence of the tooth fairy either.

Regardless, in your attempt at disinformation, you left out a crucial bit of information relating to the deaths. One can only believe what they will rationally if provided with the necessary information to form that belief. Leaving out important information in this context is simply propaganda and dishonest. No reason to be cheerful about that.

"You talkin' to me?"

To my knowledge, no one has disproved the existence of the tooth fairy either.

Regardless, in your attempt at disinformation, you left out a crucial bit of information relating to the deaths. One can only believe what they will rationally if provided with the necessary information to form that belief. Leaving out important information in this context is simply propaganda and dishonest. No reason to be cheerful about that.

And your views appear as propaganda to me - believe what you will.

My views are based on all the data. They may seem like propaganda to you, but they’re not. They’re fact-based views, utilizing all the facts.

Your views, on the other hand, are both propaganda and intentional disinformation, which you proved by omitting important qualifying data to the stats you incompletely quoted.

This is evidence-based determination, not about your feelings or how things appear to you.

"You talkin' to me?"