Using Picaboo for digital albums

Discussion in 'Wedding and Event' started by paul_fialon, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Has anyone had any experience using Picaboo as a digital album for a wedding
    client? I've always used the standard page & mat format but have been
    interested in trying a bound digital album and am looking for a well-constructed
    book with excellent image quality. Thanks!

2. If you are offering Picaboo albums you are not offering quality at all. I use Asuka books and Zookbinders. Check it out at www.createmyalbum.com. Picaboo is a cheap option, not a quality one.

Mike

3. If you were just starting out, building a portfolio, and wanted a cheap easy way to show work, I'd say go for it. But you look like you're too established to use a consumer-grade product like Picaboo.
    I'm with Mike. Check out AsukaBook if you're looking for a quality book.
    Good luck!

4. Thank you Mike and Anne; Asuka looks like the way to go for my business.

5. I tried picaboo, made an album for my inlaws from my wedding photos. They loved it, but I wasn't overly impressed with the quality. I tried it out on a client- designed a large album, and got the smaller one free. I sent them the small one and they loved it, so ordered the larger one. It's okay for couples who might want an album and can't afford asukabook or something of equal quality, but considering what picaboo charges for the book & shipping, plus your time putting it together, I think you'd end up charging more than what someone would want to pay for one of their books. They can design something similar at snapfish or ofoto for $20 (or something?)

6. I use them for sign-in books at the reception as the quality is perfect for such a use. I wouldn't use them for my main album, but it is a good option for parents...