Use of a SCA356 adapter with a 6003 SCR 1000

jt991

<p>As every user of a 6003 SRC 1000 knows, the film speed setting dial is on the camera, and may be that User Manuals specifically for this camera are very scarce... or even (as I suspect) non-existent, with any instructions being incorporated in a limited fashion within the 6008 (or 6008, 6003 Professional ?) User Manual/s<br>

So here's my question - directed at users of a 6003 SRC 1000 <em>with its original back and thus using the film speed dial on the camera; </em>do you always set both SCA356 and camera's film speed dials to the same ASA/DIN figure ? <br>

And if you have a copy of a Rollei Instruction Book specifically for the 6003 SRC 1000 a photocopy or scan of the "Flash" section would be gratefully received. <br>

(This is all about just having bought a Cullmann CX35 and a SCA356.... assuming both dials should be set to the film speed.....)</p>

<p>I can't help you with specific instructions for your camera, but the instructions I have for the SCA356 says to set the film speed on the SCA356, and that the film speed settings on the flash and the camera are inoperative. I think they were printed in the era of the SL66SE.</p>

<p>I haven't used the adapter with my SL66SE since I don't use flash much, just a bit of fill-flash for which I'm used to using auto flash (not TTL).</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>I bought a new 6003 SRC 1000 back c. 1992, and have reviewed the literature from then (but not the owners manual, which can't find). The method is this:<br>

- set the ISO on the camera body, as the back didn't have an ISO knob<br>

- if you use a 6008 back on the camera, set the ISO on the camera, and the ISO on the back should be at 100. <br>

The 6008 SRC 1000 operates differently: <br>

- you set the film speed on the back, and<br>

- on the camera you set the exposure compensation knob at 0, unless you have a specific correction. <br>

The literature shows the SCA 356 module, but nowhere are there any settings on it. It says that TTL metering adjusts the flash as needed. So…. if there is a knob on the SCA, try ISO 100 first…. but also try adjusting to match the film speed for a test set of shots. <br>

Hope this helps. </p>