Urgent: Calibrating BenQ SW2700PT, whites appear magenta!

VszaMfW.jpg

2JQAWwG.jpg

Taken on an iphone, I've of course exposed for the screens so the reddish/magenta color cast is pronounced. In reality, its a very slight hint of magenta but I want it to be as white and close to the 6500K light as possible. Macbook Air 13" screen for reference, and a 6500K light in my room for reference.

I have calibrated numerous times using an i1 Display and tried both softwares: BenQ's Palette Master Elements and i1Profiler, neither of which make the whites look truly white like the Macbook Air's screen does. The monitor temperature is set to 6500K, and I've of course selected D65 as my calibration temperature, along with standard 120cd/m3. What the hell is going on?

This is driving me mad, is my monitor defective? Please let me know ASAP so I can return before its too late. Thank you!

It certainly looks as if the Acer/Benq monitor CT is much warmer than 6500K.

What backlight does it use? If it uses fluorescent tubes, then the image of it may not accurately represent the visual appearance, due to interaction between the spikey backlight spectrum and the camera's Bayer filters.

LED backlights, OTOH, are heavy in blue and UV, and quite deficient in the Cyan region. So comparing fluorescent with LED backlighting may well explain a slight visual mismatch.

Maybe the calibration puck is blind to some parts of the spectrum? If it has 'brick wall' RGB filters in it, that may well be the case. Is it possible to match the monitor to a 6500K source by eye, ignoring the 'calibration' hardware and software?