Uploading images to print too slow

Hi I am having troubling uploading tif files to the company that makes my prints. Average size is 30Mb. He has said that my internet connection is too slow. Checking I have 5.5Mbs down and 3Mbs up. On a search it appears that 3Mbs is not bad at all some people have less than 1Mbs. My daughter has 20MBs down and 0.8Mbs up!

I'm no computer tech. - If a direct upload to your printing company doesn't work because their server assumes your machine fell asleep in between, try uploading to Dropbox or similar at your connection's pace and give your printer a link to download from there.

I have no problems filling the 2GB of free Dropbox space with images using my 445kBit/s (uplink) connection. - It just takes about almost a whole day.

Yes, your connection sounds reasonably fast to me. So most likely the network of your printer isn't as customer friendly as desirable.

• 3 weeks later...

3Mb/s doesn't sound unusual.

Many systems now have a lower bandwidth uplink, partly because that works for most people.

Most of the time, though, I just start a batch and then let it take as long as it wants.

When I upload to FB, I use the optional higher resolution mode, which isn't full resolution

of the upload, but much better than screen resolution. (About 6mp last I looked.)

-- glen