Uploading Difficulties - Information Request

Sandy Vongries

People listing file size is a waste of time. The issue has nothing to do with file size. Today I had to make several attempts to upload my images to the NW forum. All of the images were well within normal limits. If the issue was related to file size then the upload would not work on the second or third try with the same file.

People listing file size is a waste of time. The issue has nothing to do with file size. Today I had to make several attempts to upload my images to the NW forum. All of the images were well within normal limits. If the issue was related to file size then the upload would not work on the second or third try with the same file.

Two reasons to ask - to substantiate the degree to which the situation occurs and to provide a pool of individuals who can send sample files (as I did) if Tech requests it. Sorry you are having problems - when it happens to me, most times a second try is all it takes.

I don't know if this is the *main* cause that everybody is having but recently I got an "error" msg. and realized that it was due to clicking on the "reply" button Before the image was fully uploaded in "Fullimage". But there's probably others causes as well...

Thanks for your candor, Sandy. In the meantime, the last images are growing moss.

It's now Saturday, 04 May 2019. I can be patient for a reasonable time, but the time since I brought the POTD, POTW matter to your attention is 17 calendar days. Sandy, please understand that I am not throwing shade toward you; you have nothing to do with the posting of these images.

I would think that Admin considers the POTD and POTW as selling points for people considering membership. However, anyone slightly adept with researching a website would be be able to conclude that the POTD and POTW have not been updated for quite a while. Also, this has a chilling effect on current members, who may feel that this issue is just another indication that PN is declining.

Sandy, your attempt to explain this neglect - whether benign or malignant - is an honorable one. But, it's now a week since you offered that explanation ("possibly overloaded personnel").

I really don't want to become just another victim of "PN Malaise." But the illness is spreading, and Admin needs to find a way to halt its progress. And . . . hopefully sooner rather than later.

My best, michael

This morning's experience - First post to N/W - Slogans - "Too Large" (500kb file). Gave it 5 minutes and tried again - "Error". Changed the title of the file and tried again - "Too Large". Had a cuppa and tried again - "Too Large" I then did the obvious and made the file LARGER (700kb) and it is now there. Go figure.

• 1 month later...

May I proffer my thanks to those who have sorted out one of the minor glitches that seem to have caused others distress ? I refer, of course, to the problems uploading images. I am please to say that this issue has not happened (to me, at any rate) for over a week now. Have any others had the same experience - and if so, would they care to join me in a vote of thanks ?

Tony

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...