upload to photonet from Lightroom 2

<p>No, the truth is, I am already learning so many other LR stuff that I was asking for a little free help so I don't have to try/retry check etc..<br>

What I have in mind, but not tried yet is: export as jpeg, low quality (for the size limitations?), then export into a desktop folder and then fish from there when I am in my photonet workstation and browse images to upload?<br>

LR2 is sooo much fun to use, but there are a lot of features and it takes some time to find your own best way to do things. [Currently I am trying to come up with good archiving and naming schemes, among other things.]</p>

<blockquote>

<p><em>What I have in mind, but not tried yet is: export as jpeg, low quality (for the size limitations?), then export into a desktop folder and then fish from there when I am in my photonet workstation and browse images to upload?</em></p>

</blockquote>

<p>That's how I do it. Don't forget in the Lightroom export dialog to size for 700 pixels wide, use sRGB as the color space and to choose sharpen for screen. In the develop module try using a clarity setting of around 10-15 to add some contrast to your mid-tones.</p>

<p>Thank you,<br>

Ellis, do you mean that I should re-edit an image if it's going up to photonet (or other websites)? But in this way, am I not changing my was-final edit? In fact I don't think the export dialog lets you apply changes that come from the develop module.<br>

May be I should make a virtual copy, and export the virtual copy with all the fixing you mentioned?</p>

<blockquote>

<p>May be I should make a virtual copy, and export the virtual copy with all the fixing you mentioned?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>That's an excellent way to do it. Edit the image to your taste, then make a virtual copy, and add any photo.net specific tweaks to the virtual copy. If they're always the same tweaks, you could create a photo.net develop preset.</p>

<p>Don't forget to create a photo.net export preset so you can apply all the export parameters at once without having to think about it. The ones Ellis lists are the ones you should include in the preset.</p>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

<p>very good point Miles. And now with Lightroom three and the publish plugins, we could get something even better. Unfortunately, so far I haven't found anything. It could be interesting to try and program it, but don't really have the time for it.<br>

Is there a photo.net programming team? maybe they could work on this.</p>

<p>Hi,<br />well Jeffrey Friedl is the guy behind the Lightroom plugins. I guess a request could be made to him to create it, but he would need access to the API (application programming interface) for Photo.net. For that he would need to contact the webmaster of Photo.net. Really they should approach Jeffrey about creating a plugin. Does anybody know somebody to contact at photo.net?<br>

In the meantime I left a comment for Jeffrey asking if he has ever considered making a plugin for photo.net: <a href="http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies">http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies</a></p>

<p>I got a response from Jeffrey:<br>

JEFFREY REPLIED: "I've talked to them on and off for a while, but they've not been too interested in doing it. It's just as well because I'm too overwhelmed to do any more upload plugins. Others might, but I'll bow out. Jeffrey"<br>

That's a shame and means that I probably won't bother resubscribing to photo.net</p>

• 7 months later...