Upgrading to new phone; how to transfer photos

lisae

<p>I'm about to upgrade from an iPhone 4 to a newer iPhone. I have a dozens of pictures taken inside the Camera+ app, but not saved to the camera roll. Will these transfer along with everything else to the new phone? If not, do you have any recommendations for quickly saving them?</p>

<p>That's more a question for the Apple people or that app's developer, because it's about that particular app, where its stuff is saved and how it transfers. I suspect a full backup to your computer will take the photos with it. Also I think that when you receive the new phone, you can keep the old one and figure it out without having to keep it on cell service.</p>

• 1 month later...

<p>You should sync your old iPhone to a computer with iTunes, then save the entire camera roll via iTunes to your computer as a temporary storage. You should also save any specialty apps purchased onto the old iPhone onto the computer, also via iTunes. If you have any video project in iMovie on the old iPhone, also save these projects and their respective source files to the computer via iTunes. For the source files that the video projects were made from, you should save them to some specific folder in your computer, as they won't automatically save into iTunes itself.</p>

<p>Once all of your volatile content is off your old iPhone, sync the new iPhone to your computer via iTunes, then transfer everything back to the new phone.</p>

<p>You could use Apple's Cloud service, but not all the content can be saved to the cloud, especially source files for videos, or certain apps, hence my preference for using iTunes on a computer.</p>

<p>FYI, should you desire to upgrade the iOS of an older device to a newer version, backing up your content in this manner helps to ensure you get all of your content and apps back on the device after the iOS upgrade.</p>

<p>~Joe</p>

• 1 month later...

<p>Simply put, these types of apps scan the other apps you have installed on your phone and backs it up to an SD card or to online services via the Internet. Examples include App Backup & Restore, AppMonster and Titanium Backup. Some of these backup apps require your phone to be rooted to perform their functions, so make sure you have a good antivirus app on both your old and new Android phones just to be safe from hidden viruses or malware. Do note, however, that these apps will not save the data contained in the app unless the saved app stores its data on a remote server. Sync your new Android mobiles and the app should download the data for your use.<br>

Atif Naser</p>

• 3 years later...

<p><a href="http://www.recoveryiphone.net/product/iphone-transfer.html" target="_blank">iPhone Transfer</a> is a user-friendly tool which allows you to transfer files between different devices and operation system. So, if you'd like to transfer photos from old iPhone to new iPhone 7 (Plus)/6s (Plus), this is a good choice for you to get it done in 3 steps.</p>

<h4>Transfer Files from Old iPhone to New iPhone Directly</h4>

<h4>Step 1: Install the latest iTunes on the computer. Launch it. </h4>

<h4>Step 2: Connect your old iPhone and iPhone 7 (Plus)/6s (Plus) with your computer via 2 USB cables.</h4>

<h4>Step 3: Running the program.</h4>

<p>See more detailed tutorial on http://www.recoveryiphone.net/article/how-to-transfer-photos-from-old-iphone-to-new-iphone.html<br>

</p>

• 2 months later...
<p>Thanks, Andy. I found a way to save all the photos to the camera roll. It's way past time to clean out the camera roll, so this is good incentive to do it.</p>

how to do that? I have a lot of photos that needs to be moved to iPhone 7. I found iTunes is too slow

Move photos from iPhone to iPhone