Upgrade on Lumix TZ80?

Very much enjoying using this camera, but I'd like something that gives the next step up in image quality, with similar features?

I'm using the High dynamic range and panorama facilities quite a bit for doing quick landscapes.

So basically I guess a bridge camera with a larger sensor than the TZ80.... Ideas?

I guess for a bridge camera with a larger sensor, the Sony RX10 is the most likely candidate. It doesn't have the zoomrange of the Panasonic, though, but practically making a 30x zoom on a larger sensor will be increasingly complex. So, something will have to give. Also portability takes a hit.

If having a reduced zoomrange is not the worst thing, then there are many premium compacts that might fit the bill; cameras as the Canon PowerShot G-series, Sony RX100 and Panasonic LX100. You'd keep the portability more or less of the TZ80. A mirrorless (APS-C or m4/3rds) could also make sense; the entry-level models are typically quite small and you'd get the freedom of choice as far as lenses are concerned.

• Like 1

I guess for a bridge camera with a larger sensor, the Sony RX10 is the most likely candidate. It doesn't have the zoomrange of the Panasonic, though, but practically making a 30x zoom on a larger sensor will be increasingly complex. So, something will have to give. Also portability takes a hit.

If having a reduced zoomrange is not the worst thing, then there are many premium compacts that might fit the bill; cameras as the Canon PowerShot G-series, Sony RX100 and Panasonic LX100. You'd keep the portability more or less of the TZ80. A mirrorless (APS-C or m4/3rds) could also make sense; the entry-level models are typically quite small and you'd get the freedom of choice as far as lenses are concerned.

Enjoying the 30x zoom, but practically speaking I'm not often using much more than half that usually. Thanks