updating website - need help

15sunrises

<p>I've had my photoblog in it's current form for approximately 2 years now and it's definitely time for a change. Currently, I have over 400 images on the site, and the format that I've chosen simply doesn't make this number of images manageable any longer. While I like the idea of being able to write a small blurb about each image, there's just too much content there for anybody to go through in a reasonable manner if they are looking to get prints of any images.</p>

<p>Here's the current version of the website: <a href="http://www.15sunrises.com">http://www.15sunrises.com</a></p>

<p>I have a kind of concept that I'd like to implement, and was hoping that photo.net could potentially help me find a photography site template that might suit my needs.</p>

<p>For the homepage, I'd like to be able to categorize the images in a way that would be immediately visible when people come to the site. Something like, the sun, the moon, the sky, the stars, or along those lines.</p>

<p>When people open a category, I was hoping to have images further subcategorized by dates contained in the EXIF to try and keep it manageable. So a person would click on 'the sky' on the homepage, and they would be taken to a page where there would be a list of dates (or names that I would assign to that specific day of shooting) and they could then navigate through the images for that date. If possible, I'd also like to be able to select the thumbnail for the date subcategory.</p>

<p>In the 'ultimate dream website' function, I'd like there to be some kind of hover function where in the date subcategory where if a visitor hovers over the specific date, they'd be able to see some of the images contained within, but this might be beyond what I could get in some kind of template.</p>

<p>If possible, I'd also like to have some kind of option for ordering prints, but this isn't a priority at the moment.</p>

<p>I've looked briefly at carbonmade portfolios, which seem to offer at least some of the functionality that I'm looking for, but I haven't experimented with it enough to see if it can do any of the other things I would need beyond a front page categorization.</p>

<p>Look forward to any suggestions you may have for me to look into, regardless, it's clearly time for me to do something with the current state of the website.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>