unidentified 6x9 folder

I have a folder whici I am not able to identify, I'd like to know the manufacturer, the model and the

age of the camera.<br>

I was not able to find any marking on the camera except on the lens. The lens-shutter assebly is

pretty standard for the thirties I think: a screw-in lens-shutter: the shutter being an IBSOR and the

lens a Rodenstock Trinar-Anastigmat München, 1:4.5 f=10.5cm. Focus with a lever that moves the

front plate, with botha wireframe finder and a tiny reflex finder.<br>

The folder and camera leather are of bluish color, not so common.<br>

The whole front assembly looks to me pretty similar to some Nagel camera (the front, rimmed

screws of which one is missing).<div>00KUvA-35697584.thumb.JPG.0142370d2af359cbeae06fb16aaf99dc.JPG</div>

All I can tell you is that the Ibsor shutter was made by A.Gauthier Culmbach (AGC), the manufacturer of the Pronto/Prontor shutters. AFAIK the Ibsor is a rather simple shutter which does not need to be cocked, it is cocked by pressing the release lever.

Many of the unidentified 6x9 folders actually were made by Welta or Balda, the latter company was the king of rebranding in pre-war Germany.

I have this camera. Two in fact. One I have has the Ibsor shutter with a Schnieder Jaconar f/4.5 lens. The other has the f/8 Special-Aplanat in a Vario. They are very cheaply built but great little picture takers after the red window is permanently sealed. Mine are typically black but have a amall D. R. P. stamped inside the take up spool compartment. Other than that there are no markings on the camera itself whatsoever.

• 4 years later...

<p>Hello,<br>

Sorry for my bad English.<br>

I have the same camera , only shutter is different , it is Vario.<br>

I find in Mck page 107 the maker for this camera.<br>

It is Balda and model is PONTUR -Radial .<br>

The key , the nut for tripod, lateral legs are identical and it can be equiped with Spezial Aplanat lens.<br>

Only handle seems to be different.</p>

<p> </p><div>00ZM4z-399859784.jpeg.e89d5b8c83da0bb8173c0068910dbb29.jpeg</div>