Ultimate Digital Camera rental

They are about 1 mile North of the 101 freeway in the Valley; between the Canoga and DeSoto exits. The section of short stretch of Variel Ave they are on is Below Victory Blvd; above Oxnard St. Variel doesnt cross the tracks there but exists many places North and South too. I use to work about a couple of miles or so North On Variel Ave in the Valley.

If you want to rent something special to go with it, the 50mm f0.7 (yes, 0.7) lens that NASA had commissioned from Zeiss, then loaned to Kubrik for filming the candlelit scenes in Barry Lyndon is now also availiable for rent.

http://www.joedunton.com/

The claims on the DALSA rental site are outdated. There are other 4mp output 35mm cine format video cameras on the market. I prefer the Panavision Genesis, which uses a 12mp Kodak striped sensor.

Does it do RAW?

:-)

Interesting note I just came across. The new Star Wars pic was shot entirely at 1080x19?? with Hi-Def cameras and significantly lower rez then the high tech monsters mentioned in this thread, which makes me think Lucas is off his rocker, or just doesn't care.

Saw the film. I'd give the CGI work an A++.

Motion picture quality a C- (as opposed to a D- for the last film).

The Sony motion picture cameras tend to render human skin like default modes on cheap digicams. That pink, plasticky look....Kinda funny really because close-ups of Yoda looked more realistic than the live action high-def captures of the real actors, not the Lucas has a clue anyhow.