UK Landscape Photographer of the year

<p>For those passing through or near London's Waterloo Station before 5th February, there is , up the escalators, a free exhibition of selected photographs from the 2016 "Take a View " competition. </p>

<p>I certainly thought this was worthwhile , and that the quality of the better photographs was at least as good as you'd expect from a good quality Professional landscaper's coffee -table books of a decade or two ago. Clearly the options available in terms of cameras and printing have helped this along, but I also think that the standard of photography and the use of the post-processing tools available mean that much is down to the photographers' skills and judgment as well as being helped by the technology. </p>

<p>As I say, worthwhile. </p>

<p>David, thanks for the info. I might well be in the area before the Feb 5th closure date. The Guardian article is good - thanks for the link. Being an engineer I appreciate the Ribblehead Viaduct shot where you can see the 1 in 100 gradient quite clearly as the line climbs to Blea Moor. I must have crossed the viaduct 20+ times during my university days and always looked forward to it whatever the weather.<br>

But all the shots are remarkable images. </p>