UK company invents new range of Nikon lenses.

rodeo_joe1

<p>Following on the theme of amusing adverts to while away a quiet Sunday. Check out some of the unique Nikon lenses on offer from this online store:</p>

<p>Like <a href="http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/113989.htm">this new "AF-S G" lens with Ai coupler prongs</a>.<br>

Or <a href="http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/113959.htm">this "50mm f/1.2 D" zoom lens</a>.</p>

<p>I'd have total confidence buying from a company that's so scrupulous in its product descriptions. Wouldn't you?</p>

<p>"29.9% APR! Man, that is so generous!" - It surely is Nick. Especially when savers are being offered only about 1% interest; and only then if they shop around the banks. There's something severely wrong with our fiscal system!<br /> Sorry, political rant now over - temporarily.</p>

<p>BTW, before anyone else corrects it, I notice that I should have said "<strong>pre</strong>-Ai coupler prongs" above.</p>

<p>To be fair, good marketing ploy. I had no idea that Argos actually stocked lenses (though I don't have high hopes for what's in the one next to my office - I've been known to use it for stuff like watches, lamps and bookshelves). I wonder whether they picked up the stock when the local Jessops closed down? This is hardly the first time Argos have been a little hazy on their product descriptions, but I'll take the fact that we can probably work out what they meant as a win over their usual situation.</p>

<p>Sem, I'd be laughing if it wasn't so painful. (To be fair, for some reason the two UK dealers I most often rely on don't seem to stock the 50 f/1.2 AI-S.) Though I admit that even UK dealers will do what is presumably supposed to be the 105mm VR micro (despite the photo) for a lot less, though Gray's copy of the manual-focus 105mm is pretty pricey, probably because there aren't many new ones any more. Argos are a general department store - I'd be very surprised if they were competitive on exotic optics. I've not seen many places charge more than Gray's, who I always felt charged you for the experience (I'm not complaining); for some reason, standing in an Argos isn't quite the same as being surrounded by historical glass, and the fish-eye that's staring at you tends to be a security camera.</p>