Two german friends at the rail road museum.

<p>Few weeks ago, two German friends decided to visit local rail road museum in Union, IL. They were loaded with some black and white Fuji and color Kodak. To state the obvious, those friends are Franke and Heidecke cameras. Rolleiflex Old Standard and Rolleicord Ia. I have talked about both of them at one time in the past, but they worked very well in a tandem as well. I got the old standard Rolleiflex over a year ago and I had it repaired. Although it is not the best looking camera, due to age, it works as well as the day it was made. It has two red windows in the back, one labeled B1 for 117 film and one B2 for 120 film. One can get fooled by the back window B1 as it looks as If it will work with 6x6 120, but what one needs to do is to align #1 frame inside the B2 window and let the transport mechanism take care of the rest. Here it is Rolleiflex Old Standard.</p>

<p>Here is the last shot showcasing both cameras. I used Fuji Acros 100 and Kodak Ektar 100 for color. I liked the way these cameras worked, eventhough the outdoor light was harsh and almost always in my lens. I hope you enjoyed this short trip to R.R museum with two of my German friends.</p><div>00coW0-550954384.jpg.1544ef11401d17853ed5d6cf21a00a16.jpg</div>

"Ragged looking bodies"... checking out what's new on PNet while checking out what's new in the world. Reading this during a report about Jack the Ripper and the atrocious way he treated his victims.<br>;-)<br><br>I too like the lens caps.<br><br>Apropos the 'Dutch Canadian', de Cornelis Leendert "draaiorgel" and ear drums having enough: it's their 'business model' nowadays to give people more than an earful. They get permits, to liven up shopping streets. Then they go park their hellish machine in front of a shop, and stand there, collecting pennies from the passing public. Or so it seems. What they do is annoy the shopkeepers, making it impossible for them to conduct a normal conversation with their clients. When they had enough (rather soon) they pay the organ grinder (loud motor nowadays - no manual labour anymore) to move on. An instrument of extortion, that quaint, folkloristic seeming thingy.