When shooting with my 135 macro on the Pentax 67, the aperature goes from

f22 to f32 with no 1/2 stop detent. This can be a problem when max dof

is required, since the shutter only has full stop adjustments. I am

considering using 1/2 and 1/3 stop neutral density filters to tweak the

exposure. Has anyone used this technique or others they'd care to share

info on?

<p>

Thanx, Jim.

Going between detents is a good idea. However, there is very little space between f22 and f32. That's why there is no detent. I tried that and used the meter deflection in the viewfinder. It still made me nervous. The diaphragm ring really wants to drop into one or the other detents. It's not very cooperative. The vibration from the mirroe lock-up is enough to move it - and you would never know!

Steve

Jim,

<p>

Set the aperture between the f22 and f32 indents, you don't need to use ND filters!

I've been using mine between indents for ages - no problems at all, even with thirds of a stop settings.

If you are worried about possible vibrations from the mirror lock-up release, then set the aperture after you lock up the mirror. I trust you'll be using the camera on a tripod anyway, so there is no problem.

<p>

Clive

Clive,

How will you know it is a half stop without looking through the viewfinder? I guess rough guesses make me nervous. Perhaps by noting the amount of swing in the TTL meter you can guess a half stop. I can't even imagine a 1/3 stop!!! Maybe a rough 1/2 stop will have to do.

Steve