Trouble with 7D LCD playback/display

chris_newkumet2

<p>

<p >Has anyone else had this experience with their Canon EOS 7D: periodically, the playback on the LCD begins to flicker off too quickly, and then I can't get it to come back up. When this happens, not only can I not get the last image to display, but the Q, menu and picture styles won't display either. I have playback set to the "set" button inside the control wheel on the back. The problem seems to cure itself and reset when I take another picture, or when I hit the dedicated "play" button on the back or turn the camera off and back on, though I can't be sure these consistently work because it's happened only three or four times so far and I haven't been careful about recording the steps I take to get it back to working correctly. There seem to be no ill-effects for the actual images. I'm getting ready to contact Canon repair and send it in, but I thought I'd check to see if I'm overlooking an easy fix or perhaps a firmware update. Thanks for all.</p>

</p>

<p>I bought my 7D about 5 months ago and the first one I got was DEAD. The LCD flickerd once and that was it.The camera was still operational sans LCD. I quickly did an RMA and got another one. So far so good. To answer your question, your not missing something simple. Send it in. Good luck v/r Buffdr</p>