Tripod ring for FD 300mm f5.6 BL

chuck909

<p>Well dang, A couple of years ago I lent my FD 300mm 5.6 to my brother and finally got it back six months ago. No problem as I had not needed it for that time. When I got it back I asked, "where's the tripod ring," and he replied, "what ring?". So for half a year I have been searching for the exact replacement on e-bay and every other source with zero luck. But then I see lots of other rings, but they are all listed for EF lenses. So my question is, will any of those fit correctly on my lens? The dimensions needed are diameter = ~64.2mm and the width = ~ 16mm. (or does anyone have one that they don't need?)<br>

Thanks</p>

<p>Here is a listing and discussion over at the Pentax forums on how to mount lenses for the Chinese tripod rings you see on eBay. The discussion is intended for adapting these rings to lenses other than the Canon EF lenses they were intended for.</p>

<p>http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/114-maintenance-repair-articles/238879-modding-chinese-other-tripod-mounts-fit-eg-adaptall-lenses.html</p>

<p> </p>