Triple Print Color Film

<p>Does anyone know anything about the "Triple Print" brand color film? A search on this site only found 2 postings that pretty much asked the same question. I have a couple cassettes still sealed in the paper wrapper and was thinking about using them. However before i think about that i wanted to know that it is? Like process type ASA and such. So far all i seen is that it may be C-22 process or like Anscochrome Processing, but nothing definitive.<br>

I was really leaning towards the process like B&W method, but i haven't read anything from anyone who has done that or what results to expect. I know there are Labs that will process it for a nice chunk of change too.</p>

<p>Does anyone have any Info on this film?</p>

<p>Let me get this straight. You have a couple of old films that are probably way out of date, might need processing using an obsolete system, and you're unsure what to do? Open the package. The required process is probably printed on the cassette. If it's not specified, or not C-41, E-6, or B&W, don't even waste your time with the stuff.</p>

<p>Thanks Bill for the link. Its full of great information, but are you sure this is C-22 process? I sitill haven't found anything to confirm it. The cartridge of film just says to process it send it to the address on the label which is in Canada, and I'm sure not in business anymore.I guess i could always try and email rocky-mountain film works and ask them what process it is, maybe they will tell me, maybe not.</p>

<p>Thanks for your 2 cents Frank , but it was not very helpful Nor did it answer my question. I guess you should have lead off with " i don't know anything about that film".<br>

You know, if you read more forum threads you can get an idea about the people on here .. It's full of people that just have time to waste trying new and interesting things, that is how we humans learn.<br>

The film i already have so i wanna see if i can use it if possible. It fits my camera i want to use and finding other film for it is not too cheep either. SO I don't mind wasting a little time, I have more of it than money.</p>

<p>I remember seeing Triple Print film ads during the 60's and early 70's. For a small price they would send you a roll, but the fine print read that only they could develop it. This may have meant only Triple Print could provide prints that way or that the film was not compatible with the then current C-22 process. Since one of the sizes it was offered in was 126 it is likely ASA 64 or 80. I once read somewhere that it was processed like the Agfacolor print film (non-C-22) of that day and may even have been made by Agfa, but I have nothing to back that up. FWIW I used some of this film in 1971 or so in my Instamatic 124 and found it to have rather lackluster color. I think if I found a roll of it, I'd shoot it anyway and soup it in HC-110 and see what kind of black and white image I could get. If chemistry were available to process it today, the color shift might be so drastic that you might end up printing it in black and white anyway. Regardless, you have an interesting project here. If you do get images, please post.<br>

I read Bill's link, BTW, and it looks interesting. If you have two rolls you could always treat one as C-22 and try to get some color. Then maybe try the other roll in HC-110.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<p>Thanks Mike, I will post when i can. I have 3 rolls of 12 exposures and they are 126 cartridges. I think i will try the black and white process 1st. I looked through Rockey Mountain's prices and it seems to cost the same as the Agfa color process and also has an indeterminate turn around timem So our info about this possibly being the same film may be right.</p>

<p>Some of these type films were standard 35mm Cine color negative films that required cine color negative processing.<br>

<br /> One got back color paper 3.5x5 or 4x6 inch prints; color negatives and color slides.<br>

<br /> The lab "printed" the slide positives from the shot and developed color cine negatives.<br>

<br /> Some of the cine film used was old 5254 film made from 1964 to abut 1977.</p>

<p>I have just found 6 rolls of triple print, undeveloped film.<br>

I was looking for a place to get them developed, and saw your discussion.<br>

The info on the films I have, all are 126 mark Vl, ASA 80, for daylight or Blue flash,<br>

color negative film. I also know that back in the early 60's some of these were developed<br>

by a person in his office. They just were not triple print. Just regular print. The back of the film I have reads:<br>

This film can only be printed through our patented lenses to receive the FCA Triple-Print Process. The lab was in Phila., Pa.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Anyone get any results from this? Sorry to pull up an old thread, I've successfully developed color film stand develope in

Rodinal with excellent results, but not in HC-110, I don't know the proportions/times for HC-110 stand development for

color films...

Anyone?

Response or not I'm doing it tonight :) I'd rater use HC-110 for its ANTI-fog capabilities but I KNOW Rodinal will work. So

if I don't hear a response I'll just use that most likely.

• 5 months later...

<p>Hello there.. I am curious how you did Stone.. I am sorry I have not checked in on this site for some time.<br>

I have not yet developed mine . I still have it in a box in the freezer with some other undeveloped film.</p>

• 1 month later...
<p>For what it's worth, I used a roll of this color film thinking the "triple print" was nothing more that a promotion saying you could only get 3 prints per negative if you mailed it in. I turned it in to the photo developer and the negatives came back in black and white. I asked them what the rationale was (by email) and they never responded. I assume they saw C-22 and decided to just process it black and white. I'm going to try a roll using C-41 and see what happens.</p>

• 6 years later...
<p>Let me get this straight. You have a couple of old films that are probably way out of date, might need processing using an obsolete system, and you're unsure what to do? Open the package. The required process is probably printed on the cassette. If it's not specified, or not C-41, E-6, or B&W, don't even waste your time with the stuff.</p>

I have to mostly agree with this one.

I will try black and white film very old.

I have some Panatomic-X (sheet film) dating to 1941, which I might save until

it is 80 years old in 2021. Knowing newer Panatomic-X, I will not be surprised

if pictures come from it.

But color film ages much faster.

If kept refrigerated, it can last many years, and could be worth trying, if it uses an available

processing technology. (E6 or C41) I have some 20 year old C41 film that I refrigerated

soon after I bought it. (110 size, so no convenient replacement today.)

Old color film can also be processed in black and white chemistry.

If you have enough rolls, and they have likely been stored together, than one roll as a test

will tell you the usefulness of the others.

But with an unknown process, likely older than C41, and unknown storage conditions,

the results are not likely to be good.

-- glen