Trigger for YN-568ex

Sohaib Siddique

Hello,

i have nikon D3200 and recently purchased YN-568ex, after some digging I realize that its a wrong pick, now i want to using my flashlight with HSS and i-TTL on camera or off camera, so which triggers should i buy to use HSS and i-TTL function.

i guess best combination to buy YN-685 with YN-622-Tx because YN-685 built in 622tx receiver but know unfortunately i purchased YN-

568ex kindly guide me which is the best triggers should i buy, is it YN-622n transceiver pair best for me ?

Focal-plane (High speed) synch mode is implemented by a combination of flash and camera features. The first bad news is that the D3200 body doesn't support AutoFP mode, which is Nikon's version of HSS.

<p>

There may be more bad news, depending on which version of YN568ex flash you bought.

<p>

Confusingly, there are two versions of YN568ex. One for Canon only, and one for Nikon. The Nikon version apparently has gold lettering, while the Canon has silver. The Canon version won't give TTL control on a Nikon body. However, the YN568exII is a combined unit that can be switched between Canon or Nikon wireless flash support. Which flavour of YN568 do you have?

<p>

If you bought the Canon version by mistake, then the only thing you can do is exchange it.

<p>

The built in (popup) flash of your D3200 can't be used as a wireless TTL commander. So you would need another CLS compatible flash in the hotshoe to control an off camera flash. I really don't know if the YN622 trigger can be used in that way.

<p>

FWIW, I use Godox V860N flashes for i-TTL/CLS with Nikon bodies. They work almost identically to Nikon flashes but with better battery life and faster recycling.

<p>I have the YN-568EX for Nikon, and use it with a YN-622TX and YN-622n tranceivers; that combination will work fine for off-camera flash. You do not strictly need the YN-622TX, you can use the pair of YN-622n too when using only 1 flash, but it limits your options a lot (as the YN-622n have no interface to set any setting at all). The YN622TX is also a lot easier to operate. If you use the YN-622n, you don't need any CLS compatible flash either (the YN622n are radio triggers).</p>

<p>As said above, HSS capabilities depend on the body; it'll not work with the D3200 as far as I know.</p>

<p>thank you both, i purchased yn-568ex nikon version with gold lettering, Wouter i am also planning to buy YN622-tx and one YN-622N for off camera flasher uses.<br>

but im sad my body doesn't have HSS option, but i listened if i use yn568ex on YN-622n and another YN-622n (or Yn-622n-tx as Wouter said) on my camera i will be able to use max shutter speed of my body which is 1/4000th sec.<br>

is it true ?</p>

FP Synch depends on the camera

body being able to switch between "normal" X

synch, where the flash fires when the first shutter

blind is fully open, and HSS where the flash is fired

just before the first blind starts its travel.

The D3200 has no facility to alter its synch timing. Sorry!

There could however be some clever timing circuitry in the YN622 that fires the flash a certain time after the i-TTL pre-flash. If so it probably needs careful adjustment to make it work properly. I suggest you download the manual for those triggers and see if it mentions such a facility.

If it's any consolation; the advantages of HSS are greatly overrated, since the flash power is reduced to about half in HSS mode, and its effectiveness reduces further as the shutter speed gets shorter. Basically it does nothing that can't be done with an ND filter or cutting the ISO of the camera.