Tonight I did my first tray development of roll film. Has anyone else tried it? My grandfather told me about tray development, when he gave me some nice stainless steel film clips (which I still have and just used). But I already had a tank, and a year later I inherited his darkroom equipment, including a Nikor 35mm tank, which I still have and use. First I used some 35mm film from a bulk loader that I bought, unlabeled as to its contents. Now I know. Second was a roll of 120 from a Holga, which also worked fine. Finally, a roll of 122, which I don't have a tank that will hold. I bought it on eBay, already exposed. (I have two rolls unused for the future.) This was the reason for tray developing. That is, where you make a U shape, and see-saw the film back and forth through the tray. I used diafine, as that is my usual film developer. Also, that helps from having to carefully time it. (Finding the trays in the dark takes some seconds.) I have a: http://westbend.com/triple-timerclock.html to time three things at the same time, and I can start all three in the dark, at the beginning, set for 3:15, 6:30, and 11:00, giving a little time to find the trays in the dark. The first two had a little curl, which mostly went away as soon as they got wet. The 122 had more curl, and it took a little longer in the A developer for the curl to go away enough. The 122 also had the tape completely dried up, such that it fell on the floor as I unrolled it. Must be pretty old, as it is EI 80, which is unusual for VP122. I also once had a VP620 that was EI 80. There are pictures on the roll, and they look easily printable, though maybe just a little fogging. It is probably over 50 years old. Seems that VP came out in 1956, so not older than that. I plan to go back to tank development, except for future rolls of 122. I will have to contact print them, and scan the prints, I don't have a film scanner that will scan bigger than 35mm film.