transferring slides to CD's or DVD's

steven_wallace

Well I started this by doing multiple searches in the existing forums to make

sure some one has not already asked this question. So here is my dilemma. I have

a large amount of slides from my child hood years that I would like to put on CD

or DVD's. My current printer finally died. So while I was out printer shopping I

came across a deal for an HP 3310 all-in-one. This unit has the holder to scan

slides. So I purchased it. It scans and prints the slides very well. I have even

been able to transfer the scanned slides onto both CD and DVD format. The CD's

and DVD's play great on my computer. Ok now here is my dilemma. Neither of these

will play on my home DVD player. I just spent an hour doing instant messaging

with HP's customer service. Only to no avail. So how do I get these pictures

from my scanned file onto a CD or DVD that will play on a home DVD player? Oh

yea, my DVD player is brand new and plays all the different CD formats. Any

suggestions?

Resample the files to fit in a 720x720 pixel box and save them as JPEGs. Put them on a DVD as data files (not a video). Most DVD players will play that disc as a slide show. Your all-in-one scanner will give you good enough quality for this purpose, but little else.

Thank you both for taking a minute to give me some feed back. Edward that is what I was thingk is that I need to format the files differently. I will try saving them as JPEG. I take it from your other comment you are not a fan of the all-in-one I got. The pictures I have printed came out "pretty good". I am sure there are printers out there that would do better, but this worked for me. If that does not work I will try the software you suggested Tommy.