tongue in chic

Ricochetrider

This is one where I'm moved to ask questions, thinking there's a lot of potential but not sure which way it's going. I think the relationship between the mannequin and the trailer park might better be dealt with and how it's dealt with will definitely affect how I read the photo, whether more tongue-in-cheek, more cynical, more compatible, or something else. The clothes kind of growing out of the trees is nice, there's a doll-like figure to the left of the mannequin that may deserve more attention and connection. Clutter seems ok here, but it's a little overwhelming visually. I don't mind the stimulation and trailer parks can be messy but messy has to somehow resolve in a photo. Seems like it can resolve here, but would need some attending to. I like your instinct on this one.

"You talkin' to me?"

To add: What happens for me is that the mannequin and the two silver campers have such equal weight and volume, that they're competing for attention and not able to form a coherent relationship that points me in a direction. I think that could be a starting point.

"You talkin' to me?"

Sam, thanks for the comments.

sorry it's so busy, these windows just had so much going on all by themselves- without the reflections.

This is a back-country women's consignment shop outside a little village/town. So surreal, with the one-armed heroin chic mannequin, her flashy clothes and the trailer reflections with the woods in the window.

I see this as a sort of statement on the rural aspects of addiction problems in U.S. society, with a nod to "fashion" and its role in society.