Tokina 11-16mm for NIkon vs for Canon

alfaromeo

<p>While there are plenty of Tokinas 11-16mm for Canon there are only a few for Nikon with a ~$140 price difference, increase, of course. Isn't it the same lens? I have been looking to get this lens for quite some time now, and the longer I look the more expensive it gets. The price for the Canon mount stays pretty much the same where it was. The question is why?</p>

<p>Those are the same lenses optically with different mounts (and presumably somewhat different electronics for the two brands). The original suggested prices were the same, but of course due to obvious supply and demand issues, they are asking for more for the Nikon version.</p>

<p>What would those obvious supply and demand issues be, Shun?</p>

<p>Just curious.</p>

<p>I waited quite a while and found one at list. Check out Ebay: from time to time some camera store will put a few up at list price - that's where I found mine. And of course B&H, Adorama, etc.</p>

<p>I wonder when the supply issues will finally abate for this lens.</p>

<blockquote>

<p><a href="../photodb/user?user_id=5020613">Glenn C</a> <br /> What would those obvious supply and demand issues be, Shun?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>More demand than supply, drives prices up. If you as a producer of certain goods cannot manufacture enough to satisfy demand you can pretty much ask any price for that procduct. <br /> If on the other hand you can not get you product sold at a given price better than to get stuffed with you inventory you'd be better of selling at a lower price point.<br>

<br /> Translated to the Tokina lens they are probaly selling a lot more Nikon versions of this lens than the Canon ones one reason for that could be that canon has reasonably priced 10-22 mm where as Nikon up to this week only had the 12-24 at a premium or the 14-24 Fx at an even bigger premium.</p>

<p>B.T.W I found a german store where the Nikon version was 570 Euro and that Canon 600 Euro.</p>