To whom do we report abuse (i.e. anonymous ratings)

wavegirl

I've tried in the past to report anonymous ratings in the general

forum to no avail, what is the correct procedure?

***I disdain all anonymous ratings, good or bad and regardless of who

the person is, even if they think they are doing me a favour. Just for

the record.

Mark,

What's your point? Actually, most computer magazines suggest that you do not use your real name for any Internet activity. In today's crazy, crazy world, why would you disparage someone for trying to protect their identity?

She's not anonymous, if you want to contact her, she has an e-mail posted to her registered account.

I think her point is people who don't leave comments to their numerical ratings. But, regardless, I don't see the point in lashing out at her for posting this.

I think Mark�s point is a valid one. It is not about lashing anyone, rather, pursuing a definition of the term �anonymous�. If you use an alias to call yourself, isn�t that some sort of anonymity? Paranoia around privacy aside, the question still remains� No one is anonymous given enough time and effort to track you down, vis-à-vis Ted Kazinzky. I guess it is just a matter of how difficult you make to find yourself (as fruitless as that may be).

• 2 weeks later...

<i>

I think her point is people who don't leave comments to their numerical ratings.

</i>

<p>

Well if that's what she means, she should say that. But it doesn't make the slightest bit of sense, since there's nothing any more anonymous about ratings without comments than ratings with comments. And reporting them as abuse doesn't make any sense either, since it's specifically allowed, and probably 90% of the ratings in the system are without comment.