To any who have received rebate check-question on form

sattler123

Well, just got my order from B&H, and since it means a couple of hundred back

from Pentax in rebates I want to be sure I fill out the form correctly. Where

it says,

"Product Code Serial Number(s):" what do I write? I expect it is either the

numbers printed immediately below the upc code/lines on the box, or the actual

product code (such as 20817 for the 50mm 1.4 lens) as designated by Pentax.

What worked for you all? Thanks!

My B&H invoice says "serial #9937". The only number printed on the upc code or on the lens box for that matter is "027075030535". So you are saying to write down what is on the B&H invoice even though I don't see that number anywhere else? Thanks, I would never have even thought about that.

I always check the serial no. on the lens or camera itself with that on the B&H receipt.On the lens, it will be on the outside of the barrel, or just inside the front rim next to the front element. I give it as shown on the product. I think the product no. is also given next to the item listed on the rebate form where you check it off. I write it in parenthesis just before writing the serial no.

I attach the upc code, which is sometimes troublesome to cut out through the cardboard, with a piece of tape. Be sure to include the sales receipt. I make a copy of everything.

Any other questions, give a holler.

Mike

Thanks everyone for clearing that up. Now the sole remaining problem is I just noticed that the rebate states "only the UPC product codes listed are eligible". Oddly enough, the smc P-DA 50-200mm I ordered has a UPC code that is not even close to what is listed on the rebate form. Right lens, even right product code printed on the box, but wrong UPC code. Huh. Ah well, guess I'll have to wait and see if it is an issue.

Thanks Mike. I called both B&H and Pentax CS this morning and they are confused as well. They said there is only one version of that lens (50-200), as in, no USA version vs. import/grey market, etc. And they confirmed that the product code printed right above the UPC code matched the lens, but are clueless as to why the UPC code itself does not match what they have. Anyway, they said to make copies of everything, send it in, and see what happens. In this, my first dealing with Pentax CS, they seemed willing to help and offered to pursue it for me if for some reason the rebate was rejected.