Tlacolula

MrAndMrsIzzy

Spent a week or so wandering around Oaxaca (Mexico) back in 2005 (that's what I'm to in the keywording project). Tlacolula (think that's how it's spelled) is a town in the vicinity, and this image was captured at a church in that town. Given the difference in light values I didn't think my editing would result in an image suitable for framing but I decided to give it a try. The result is better than I thought it would be. There was a purple halo running down the left side of the doorway, but thanks to Inoneeye (told me how to keep the mouse going in a straight line) I was able to get rid of most of it.

N035D05x35-1SmallPnet.thumb.jpg.d394fe78dfc13543e7d58514ab3d7ca5.jpg

• Like 1
Izzy From Brooklyn

Thanks for the compliment, and yes it was IMPRESSIVE. Massive too I might add and dark as hell inside. You can't tell from the pic, but that door was no slouch either. Wouldn't be at all surprised if it tipped the scale at somewhere in the neighborhood of half-a-ton (give or take a couple of ounces). Photo-ops all over the place.
Izzy From Brooklyn

• 3 months later...

One of my favorites from your archive. Love the colors and textures.

Yes, I would straighten the verticals. I'm mixed in my feelings about all the dark area. Not sure if I want to see more detail in there, or less and less as a percentage of the total. It's already a very tall crop, so narrowing it is probably not an options. I think that keeping it dark, as you did, is probably the best option.

Thanks for the compliments. About straightening the verticals. I don't remember if if I tried and didn't like the way it looked. Didn't notice. Or did notice and didn't try.

I'll have to pull it out and take a look. I do remember trying to lighten the darker areas (especially behind the door), but went to far. Backed it off and just tweaked it a little.

Izzy From Brooklyn

This is cool. Really nice light and texture, a really good overall feel. Might be my favorite among the photos of your I've seen. I don't care so much about lines being off or distortions or whatever, the overall shot more than makes up for its imperfections. In fact I like the off-the-cuff feeling of it as is. It takes more than a moment to set up a photo so that everything's perfect. I understand the desire for that but I also understand that you take shots while walking around (with others) on holiday and they are what they are. I personally wouldn't touch this one in terms of straightening it out. Edited by Ricochetrider