Tlacolula

Discussion in 'Seeking Critique' started by MrAndMrsIzzy, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Spent a week or so wandering around Oaxaca (Mexico) back in 2005 (that's what I'm to in the keywording project). Tlacolula (think that's how it's spelled) is a town in the vicinity, and this image was captured at a church in that town. Given the difference in light values I didn't think my editing would result in an image suitable for framing but I decided to give it a try. The result is better than I thought it would be. There was a purple halo running down the left side of the doorway, but thanks to Inoneeye (told me how to keep the mouse going in a straight line) I was able to get rid of most of it.

N035D05x35-1SmallPnet.jpg

jc1305us likes this.
  2. interesting mix of design components... entrance. Made me search out and find the Capilla del Señor de Tlacolula. Impressive density inside "The Chapel of Silver". Glad to hear the pointer helped out.

3. Thanks for the compliment, and yes it was IMPRESSIVE. Massive too I might add and dark as hell inside. You can't tell from the pic, but that door was no slouch either. Wouldn't be at all surprised if it tipped the scale at somewhere in the neighborhood of half-a-ton (give or take a couple of ounces). Photo-ops all over the place.