Tilt-shift lenses with Pentax ?

alexandre_malignan

Hi- I'm new to this site- could you please tell me if there is any solution for

having a tilt-shift lens with the new K10 (I already own a Pentax and two lenses

and think of aquiring the K10, but in fact I would really need a tilt-shift lens

for architecture shots) To my knowledge only Canon and Nikon manufacture TS lenses.

Thanks - Alex

In addition to the lenses Jason mentioned, Schneider still offers the 28mm PC-Super-Angulon, with interchangeable mounts to fit several different 35mm SLR types including Pentax K. It's not cheap, though - price will likely be at least $2000.

Alexandre,

I ordered an Arax Tilt and Shift 35mm lens a few months ago (not the Hartblei lens, which is a different beast). I am very satisfied and I use it a lot on my *ist D. It is a bit soft in the corners wide open, but still usable. I plan to get the Arax 80mm Tilt and Shift lens in the near future.

Below is a picture taken with my 35mm T&S.

Cheers,

Sebastien<div>00KLBO-35493484.jpg.2aeda2c42e6c807b1bb900d30792fa85.jpg</div>

Alexandre,<Br><Br>

I bought my Arax lens in October 2006 for $398 direct from AraxFoto ($451.60 with shipping & handling). Gevorg Vartanyan (AraxFoto's manager) seems to be a nice guy and offers 1 year warranty on the lenses he sells. The parcel contained a few bonuses: a nice lens pouch, a lens cleaning cloth and two Ukrainian chocolates!<Br><Br>

I have heard good things about Hartblei lenses but they seem to go in and out of production and their website is not up to date. Hartblei Super-Rotator lenses are more expensive than their Arax counterparts, but they are a bit more flexible in use. Their new offer based on Zeiss lenses looks very attractive, but it is priced accordingly.<Br><Br>

Check this <a href="http://www.hame.ca/tiltshift.htm">webpage</a>, there are lots of useful links about T&S lenses, and the owner is offering a second hand Hartblei 35mm in Nikon mount for a good price.<Br><Br>

If you need more details, contact me off forum.<Br><Br>

Cheers,<Br><Br>

Sebastien

recently on Ebay there was a SMC Pentax 35mm T&S for about $500. I don't think it received a bid.

Pentax made the T&S in 28mm and 35mm but they are tough to find.

THere is an adapter that turns a 645 lens into a T&S for APS-C cameras. This gives more shift then the 11mm that the 35mm lenses give and might be cheaper.

I actually also have the Arax. Looks well enough made, but I have yet to use it. It's still crappy out and indoors I haven't done much with it. I'm not really into the selective focus thing, i can digitally do the same thing.

I mainly got it to use for panoramas and not buildings. In hindsight I the boerk adapter would probably have been better because of the larger adjustment. However, 35mm (to 75) perspective is my preferred focal length for panos so i'm looking forward to using it this spring and summer.

Anyway, for the $3oo I paid for the Arax and the fact that it's pretty decent at f5.6 and above I think it will get the job done since most of my panos are shot at f/8-16. but this is all to be determined.