Tiger kills Photoshop?

Upgraded to OS 10.4 yesterday and PSCS is dead. Starts up. just doesn't open any files.

Same message everytime; "Could not complete your request because of a program error"

Right, very informative. So I tired Image Ready which opens files fine in Tiger. Re-

installed several times, trashed preferences files, repaired permissions, done all the tricks I

can think of. So, then downoaded the 30 day trial version of Photoshop CS2 from Adobe

and installed that on Tiger - got the excat same message when double clicking an image

or trying to open from the menu bar.

I was running 10.3.9 on a PowerMac G4, quicksliver 867mhz (firmware all up to date).

Also I installed PSCS of my old system (external harddrive) and it's working fine there. And

PSCS 2 works fine on my ibook (10.3.9). I've read some people are having the exact same

problem out there. Does anyone have a fix?

Cheers, steve.

Did you try to reinstall CS after Tiger? There are some application support files it might need.

CS2 runs fine under Tiger. But I installed it long before Tiger, did an Archive and Install and

some system files were gone (CS2 informed me of this). An install of CS2 cleared it all up.

Considering I?m able to run CS2 and Tiger and you can?t, I suspect something else is going

on (probably with Tiger).

Andrew Rodney

http://digitaldog.net/

Check out www.xlr8yourmac.com for possible user reports. Adobe also has forums. This is another reason why I always have multiple partitions, each with their own Boot System, on any hard drive-and, of course, with the Mac we can boot from an external Firewire drive, etc. You can install Tiger on an individual partition. If there are problems to troubleshoot, you still have many options. GOOD LUCK. I imagine 10.4.1 will appear soon.

it's all good. weird. wasn't working this morning and then it just starting working again,

suddenly. i guess my system needed to 'adjust' a bit... the last 'significant' thing i did before

it all started working again was build a graph of the directory using disk warrior. that's it, no

repairing.