Threaded socket on Compur shutter

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by eli_chartkoff|1, Jul 20, 2006.

  1. I've got an old Kochmann Korelle, like this one:


    I use it with the Efke 127 neg film, it's great...but can anyone tell me what
    the little threaded socket on the Compur shutter is for? Cable release (believe
    it or not, I don't own one)? In this picture it's just to the left of the lever
    that trips the shutter.
  2. It's for a cable release
  3. Yes, that is the cable release socket.
  4. Ahh, the F. Deckle Compur shutter. I have that exact same shutter with a 135mm Rodenstock in it. It's a great shutter, though flash contacts would be nice. That threaded hole is for the cable release as others have already stated. The only thing I can add to that is that it's the standard tapered cable release. The same one I use on my modern Nikons.

Share This Page