Thoughts on Surveys

all-star sports photograph

<p>A little background quickly. I am a newer sports photography business in my town and I have been seeing a decent amount of traffic in my galleries over the past season. I have had a number of people that create an account and save favorite pictures but have not purchased. Then there is the majority that come look and then leave, and I have no idea who they are. I know people are going to come and go on the site and I will never know who they are, that's business.</p>

<p>What I would like to try and find out is what is going on with the people that are creating accounts that aren't buying. So I was thinking of putting together a shorty survey of maybe seven questions. And then sending it out to those that have created accounts but have not purchased. My hope I guess would be to figure out if there is anything that I can do to help improve the commitment to purchase. The surveys would be anonymous through LimeSurvey.</p>

<p>So here is my Question to you!<br>

Send the survey or not?<br>

If yes what do you think of these questions I have put together, what would you change?<br>

1. How did you hear about us?<br>

2. What is your over all impression of the website? Multiple choice<br>

3. Is our Gallery easy to navigate? yes or No<br>

4. If you found our gallery hard to navigate what what can we do to help? short answer<br>

5. What type of images would you like to see more of? multiple choice<br>

6. What size pictures are most important to you? multiple answer click all that apply<br>

7. What has keep you from purchasing? multiple answer click all that apply</p>

<p>If no, why and what would you do?</p>

<p>Thanks for your input.<br>

<b>Signature URL removed. Not allowed per the photo.net Terms of Use.</b></p>

<p> </p>

<p>I think surveying your customers (or potential customers in this case) is a great idea. You need to know the answers to your questions, there may be a very simple reason people aren't buying.<br>

a. The site could be confusing<br>

b. They might not know how to purchase<br>

c. The purchasing options may not fit their needs<br>

d. Payment processor may not be what they want to use<br>

e. not enough options<br>

f. too expensive</p>

<p>I don't know your site but would think they could be the most common reasons.</p>

<p>Also, what are you doing for traffic? That answer might explain why there are no buyers.</p>

<p>Pat Lovell</p>