This might help aspiring flashers

o_brian

w w w . planetneil . c o m

click "photo techniques", then "techniques for using flash" found upper right.

I don't know how receptive the forum is to 'link' recommendations, but being

there are so many suggestions for people to learn how to properly use flash

yet little in the way of concrete instruction, I figured "what's the harm".

If there's a section that covers this type of stuff on photo.net then naughty

on me - and please accept my apology. Otherwise, 'link and be happy'.

David

This past April, Neil and Walter had a seminar in Philadelphia which my sister and I attended. We covered most of the pictures that he has on that website and how it was lit among other things. He's so hilarious too. Such a great guy. I found this site to be very useful.

Conrad, I'm quite familiar with that Strobist site. For OFF-camera lighting with standard flashes, it's amazing. I didn't mention it for two reasons: I didn't want to press my luck by posting numerous outside links (websites), and secondly I thought that the planetneil sites emphasis on ON-camera flash was more applicable/appropriate.

David

Mike, after a little sniffing around I see that you had mentioned the planetneil website in one of your post's just the other day. Sorry for any appearance of stepping over/on/or around you. Not trying to steal anyones thunder here. I didn't do a search.

I'm in NY City. My wife was in Philly last weekend for a friends BIG 40th bday. It turns out she was the only person to have brought a camera - one of mine as an afterthought (canon A610 p&S). She's no photog, but the host's were happy nonetheless. Surprising in this day and age that no one else had a camera.

Don't know what you do professionally, but if wedding photography is your thing than it looks like you've got some very stiff competition from Conrad Erb.