This M4's HOT!

The M4 is hot because it was fitted with a new hot shoe for a flash (not because it's naked). I do a lot of flash

photography (a big no no in the M world) and I've always wanted a hot shoe on my M4. I don't like using a cord

because they always seem to get it the way (plus it's just another thing to lose). I've asked a few Leica repair

people and they wouldn't do this for me, so I decided to it for myself. Necessity really is the mother of all

invention. I was in a rush to show off my masterpiece , so the camera isn't finished and is waiting for leather.

For me, this makes my M4 finally complete. Enjoy all...

Very cool, Tristan. A subtle but very functional modification. All the mod action is with computers these days but in reality cameras need it more.

Flash being a no-no in the M world - well for me it's a no-no no matter what camera I'm using. Even in studio-like settings I prefer persistent lighting.

How hot is a DIY'd hot shoe that is not even in parallel with the camera?

How hot is a silvery lens (with a *black* sun shade!) on a chrome body?

How hot is photography with the flash on camera?

For how long will an M4 - with their known lousy strap lug work - be dangling from a single lug?

Sorry, no constructive critizism on offer this time - just seemed totally wasted on your case.

Poor sod of a camera...

• 3 weeks later...
Finally done. I love this hot shoe. It's like cutting off the flash umbilical cord. I even changed the front element of my rangefinder with a new flare resistance front element. Now my M4 is complete. Some guys just don't understand. Dare to dream and make it a reality. Enjoy...<div>00Q9vS-56817584.JPG.fa993b16dd5a7a9ca7248f906e7f89c2.JPG</div>