Third Party Ink Cartridges for Epson R2400

Anyone use non-Epson replacement ink cartridges in a R2400? I was just on B&H looking to buy some

Epson replacements and noticed catridges from a few other companies. How do those inks compare to

the Epson inks in color, consistency, quality, archival-ness, etc... ?

Not done that on a R2400 but did replace the cartridges on an older Epson printer.

They did not work for me, ok for printing out on plain paper but I think the inks had a high water content and just did not adhere to the Photo Printing paper.

Went back to using Epson inks and got a much better consistency when using them.

Just my opinion

Bob: I've used MIS ink for a few years now, and like them. But I just got an R2400 and the MIS K4 inks/cartridges, and I'm not getting the results I thought I would. You say the Epson and MIS inks work exactly the same, but if I download an R2400 profile from a paper manufacturer and use it, my prints are way off - much too dark and off color (mostly not enough magenta, by a lot). I'm starting to make my own profiles using EZcolor 2.5, but that isn't going to well either, although I had decent results using EZcolor to profile my R200 using the MISpro inks. Any advice?

Jim: although many of us like MIS, we have to admit that sometimes their QC breaks down from time to time.

Have you tried using an Epson magneta cart and the rest MIS K4? Or just doing a swab test of the MIS magenta? They could have a bad batch.

I will confess to being mostly a b&w printer with occasional color work. The last major color series I did was with my 1280 using MIS PRO using a custom profile.

If your own profiles are not doing well, that may tell you something also.

I guess it's never easy, is it?